Public Health at Risk
The novel coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic is one of the most urgent public health crises of the last century; we need to act now to understand critical issues concerning infection, transmission, containment and mitigation of this severe and deadly virus. The UCLA Fielding School of Public Health has been at the forefront providing accurate information to the public and advising the experts.
We are all at risk and we need clear, science-based data on how COVID-19 is affecting and will affect all of our communities in greater Los Angeles, especially those who are most vulnerable among us including older adults, individuals with compromised immune systems (e.g. those in treatment for cancer and autoimmune disorders), and members of our community who lack access to quality health care.
How You Can Help
For public health professionals, this pandemic represents not only a call to duty, but also a historic opportunity to creatively and courageously reimagine the way we respond to public health emergencies in Los Angeles and around the world. We need your partnership to make this possible.
Your gift will allow the Fielding School of Public Health to support such COVID-19-related initiatives as:
• Developing strategies for effective risk communication
• Studying the epidemiology of COVID-19
• Researching related aerosol, surface stability and environmental factors
• Modeling this pandemic
• Addressing related racism and xenophobia
TRAINING THE NEXT GENERATION OF PUBLIC HEALTH LEADERS
• Providing public health students in need with necessary remote-learning equipment
• Developing curriculum to address COVID-19 and future public health emergencies
• Responding to the uncertainty of student internships
COMMUNITY AND CIVIC ENGAGEMENT
• Providing accurate information to the public
• Advising governments at local, national, and international levels
• Addressing the needs of the most vulnerable communities affected
CLICK HERE TO READ THE UCLA FOUNDATION'S DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS FOR DONORS.