While the challenges of the last year have tested us all in unique ways, we are beginning to see the start of brighter times ahead. UCLA Health has not only met these challenges head-on, but also worked toward advancing medicine and improving patient care at the same time. The vision of UCLA Health is to heal humankind, one patient at a time, by improving health, alleviating suffering, and delivering acts of kindness. The President's Strategic Fund is an opportunity to raise philanthropic support for the Hospital System’s mission to deliver leading-edge patient care, research, and education.
Wtih donor support and the expertise of UCLA Health and the David Geffen School of Medicine faculty and staff, we have been able to directly confront the pandemic, touch countless lives, accelerate groundbreaking discoveries, and provide the finest patient care during these difficult times.
Apart from COVID-19, we have continued to meet the ongoing needs of patients in our community who are experiencing other health challenges and need attention and care. In the past year, our experts have developed new drugs for stroke recovery, spearheaded novel treatments for multiple sclerosis, advanced new initiatives for equity and justice in health care, expanded UCLA’s telehealth offerings, and so much more.
A donation to the President's Strategic Fund supports programs like:
• Care Coordination - Department of Social Work assists patients with programs and services for vulnerable populations and patients of greatest needs
• Chase Child Life Program at UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital providing children and adolescents patients therapeutic activities including art, music, and play
• Emergency Medicine provides expert care through two world-class Emergency Department (Westwood and Santa Monica), open 24/7, saving lives and caring for more than 100,000 patients annually
• Integrative Medicine Collaborative blending Western medicine with complimentary treatments that address the physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual, and environmental aspects that influence health
• People-Animal Connection (PAC) therapeutic activities that are animal assisted for patients and caregivers
• Music at the Med and In-Patient Arts Programs for patients, families, hospital staff to enhance patient well-being and to promote healing and a positive environment for all
• Operation Mend providing surgical and mental health programs for Military Veterans
• Palliative/End of Life Support Services for all populations, adult primary patients and family, including social services for end of life and bereavement
• 3 Wishes honoring dying patients and creating cherished memories for love ones
• Sound Body Sound Mind addresses youth wellness through fitness centers in schools throughout the region to combat childhood obesity
...and so many more!
Your donation to this fund is an unmatched opportunity to support multiple areas of greatest need. But most of all, your support today will serve as a message of hope and perseverance!
CLICK HERE TO READ THE UCLA FOUNDATION'S DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS FOR DONORS.
If you do not wish to receive further fundraising information from UCLA Health Sciences, please either call us at (855) 364-6945 or email us at OptOutUCLAHSD@support.ucla.edu OptOutUCLAHSD@support.ucla.edu, providing your name, address, phone number and from which department you’re requesting to be removed.