#TeamLA: HCW Supports UCLA's Heroic Healthcare Workers
UCLA Health's COVID-19 Patient Care and Healthcare Provider Protection Fund
Gifts to this fund will:
- Support patient and family care
- Provide social services
- Provide personal protective equipment (PPE) and other equipment to meet the needs of our front-line medical professionals
- Enable immediate response to specific needs resulting from COVID-19
- Build resilience and alleviate stress on front-line health care providers through emergency assistance with meals, snacks, and well-being
- Seed innovation through cross-campus collaborations that lead to advances in testing, treatment, and devices for COVID-19 Coronavirus and related health concerns
UCLA Health's Innovations in COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Response
UCLA Health was the first lab in Southern California to conduct COVID-19 testing. In a matter of a couple of weeks, UCLA Health has gone from 40 tests a day to over 420 tests a day, prioritizing tests for patients in high-risk categories, as well as health workers who’ve been exposed. Testing capacity continues to increase with testing in our 180+ primary care clinics and our Beach Cities testing site. We have partnered with Quest Diagnostics, a national clinical laboratory, to help expand our testing capabilities.
In order to conserve our supply of N95 masks to ensure our staff, clinicians, and patients can continue to be protected through the duration of this pandemic, UCLA Health has also begun treating N95 masks for reuse through ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI). UVGI is a tested and validated process to inactivate viruses.
There are currently 5 open clinical protocols at UCLA Health: 3 COVID-19 treatment trials and 2 compassionate use protocols. UCLA Health is leading the way with a total of 10 other trials in various phases of exploration and study activation as well.
Thank you for your support. Every dollar goes a long way to giving our front line healthcare workers the resources they need to fight this global pandemic.
If you do not wish to receive further fundraising information from UCLA Health Sciences, please either call us at (855) 364-6945 or email us at OptOutUCLAHSD@support.ucla.edu, providing your name, address, phone number, email, and from which department you're requesting to be removed. Please review UCLA and the UCLA Foundation’s Disclosure Statements for Prospective Donors at www.uclafoundation.org/disclosures