The UCLA Softball program is the most successful softball program in NCAA history with 12 NCAA titles. We are defending our title won in 2019 in 2021. Our tradition of winning continues today.
Although the 2020 season was cut short due to the pandemic, we were unanimously ranked #1 at that time. Megan Faraimo was voted "Pitcher of The Year" and Maya Brady, honored as the "Freshman Of The Year". Four Bruins (Delaney Spaulding, Ally Carda, Rachel Garcia and Bubba Nichols) were selected to the USA Softball team to represent this country at the 2021 Olympic Games.
Our program is the source of great pride of alumnae, current students and supporters of UCLA because of our continued success. This tradition is being threatened by the persistence of Covid 19. We have incurred a crippling 15% cut in funding made worse by our having to cancel our golf tournament fundraiser and other fundraisers due to the campus closure. We need help to make it through these troubling times.
We look forward to our first online giving event to help us retain essential services which our fundraising has provided through the years. Services such as:
- Massage therapy - to help our athletes recover quickly when competition is intense like the Women's College World Series.
- Sports psychology mentoring - to provide team sessions focusing on the mental wellness of our student-athletes during these challenging times. We also have sessions focusing on mental focus to allow us to compete at the highest level.
- Nutrition - we provide weekly nutritious meals to fuel our athletes' performance in the classroom and on the field.
- Equipment - the K-vest - technology to measure the kinematic sequence of our athletes' throwing pattern and offensive swing.
- Supplemental equipment - due to the loss of our product sponsor, Under Armour.
- Team bonding events - culture is the key factor in winning championships, playing together and “having your teammates' backs”. We plan events to challenge our team to learn more about each other and how to work together in challenging moments.
With your support, we will be able to sustain our tradition of excellence as we strive to bring home another championship for UCLA.
Your support is critical to our success and we need you now! Here are some of the things we're offering as a way of thanking you for your donations.
CLICK HERE TO READ THE UCLA FOUNDATION'S DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS FOR DONORS.