UCLA Staff Assembly Scholarship Campaign
UCLA Staff Assembly is an organization “for staff by staff”. Through educational, social, and community programs, we foster staff engagement in support of UCLA’s mission. The benefits include leadership opportunities, networking, personal and professional development, recognition, and campus involvement to name a few. All staff are encouraged to be a part of our community.
All staff employees of UCLA are automatically members of the Staff Assembly. All activities and services are available to every staff member, exclusively represented or non-represented.
The Executive Board consists of elected members of the Board and the Immediate Past President serving in an ex-officio capacity. This includes the President, President-Elect, Vice President for Programs, Vice President for Events, Vice President for Strategic Communications, Vice President for Outreach, Vice President for Information Systems, Vice President for Special Projects, Vice President for Development, Secretary/Historian, Treasurer, and Immediate Past President.
The objectives of the Staff Assembly are:
- To support the mission of the University of California,
- To maintain and enhance communication within the University community,
- To act as a liaison between Staff and Administration, ensuring that Staff interests and input are adequately solicited and submitted to Administration as appropriate and represented in accordance with California law and university policies,
- When consulted, to review new and existing policies and procedures affecting Staff and to provide the Chancellor and Administration with feedback from Staff,
- To accept, promote and respect the diversity of backgrounds and beliefs which characterize UCLA’s multicultural community.
UCLA Staff Assembly is proud to award scholarships each year to UCLA Staff across campus who are looking for career enhancement and professional growth opportunities. The number of scholarships and amount awarded are dependent upon revenue derived from various fundraising events. Scholarship awards are made through an application process and applicants may apply for an individual scholarship of up to $500.
The award may include:
- Enrollment course at University Extension (UNEX) for any quarter of the 2017-18 academic year
- CHR Staff Training and Development course of choice
- Funding up to $500 for a conference, workshop, seminar, or certification course
Scholarships may be used for registration or enrollment fees at:
- Courses required for certification
- Courses required for degree attainment if related to current position or career development
- Registration fees for seminars and workshops (EXCLUDING travel expenses)
- Books for career development
Through this campaign, we are embarking on a new method of funding. We hope to increase the number of scholarships we give out in 2018, providing more opportunities for our amazing staff members.
To view past recipients of UCLA Staff Assembly Scholarships, please click here.
You generous donations will help us provide more opportunities for UCLA staff to embark on new professional development endeavors. An investment in our staff is an investment in our future. We are thankful for your support and hope you will help spread the word!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SIGN UP FOR THE STAFF ASSEMBLY LISTSERV AND RECEIVE MESSAGES ABOUT STAFF ASSEMBLY PROGRAMS, EVENTS, CAMPUS NEWS, AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR STAFF, PLEASE CLICK HERE